March 19th, 2020
We are sending out a sincere love and regards to all people who are suffering from COVID-19. I know there is a lot of uncertainty and changes flooding in every day. We are aware that the city of Surrey has decided to close down all the daycare and day-camps as of March 23rd, Monday.
SEQUOIA Children’s Learning Community will remain open until the city mandates us to close. Our team is willing to work and support the families and community to fight the pandemic together. No one in our centre is being forced to stay at work. All of us are willing to work understanding the possible risks for ourselves. We have 10 spaces available in our centre for ages from 6 months to 5 years old. Please let us know if you are in health care service or any other front line service sectors for COVID-19 needing child care so you can work to fight this pandemic. We would be happy to provide a safe and loving place for your child.
Hours of Operation: 7:30am-5:30pm
Fees: Please email us for more info
SEQUOIA Children’s Learning Community
March 17th, 2020
Dear Sequoia families,
The Minister of Education has made a statement on March 17th, 2020 that all K-12 in-class instruction is closed until further notice; however, childcare remains open as it is an essential service for parents especially, who are health care workers. Our centre will remain open in order to serve families who are in the need of child care so they can help our country to curb the virus as soon as possible.
Some of our families have decided to stay home already. If you can afford to keep your child at home and do not have to go to work at this time, please do so. If you decide to send your child to the centre, please keep in mind that there is a higher risk than if your child were to stay home.
Please keep in mind that if our staff becomes sick, we may have to ask you to keep your child at home due to the ratio. It is extremely difficult to find casual staff at this time.
We will continue to strictly follow the daily procedures below to keep our centre safe and healthy.
– Please wash hands at least 20s with soap and warm water upon arrival at the centre. You can use hand sanitizers located by the sign-in/out sheet.
– If you are over 50 years old, please do not enter the centre as the risk is higher for you. Please let us know so we can arrange how the drop-off should be done.
– Please keep your child home if your child is showing any of the following symptoms: cough, difficult breathing, fever, fatigue and headache.
– Please keep your child home even if one of the family members showing the symptoms mentioned above.
– Please stay home if you have traveled outside of Canada at least for 14 days
– Please let us know as soon as possible if you think you have been exposed to COVID-19
– Our educators will wash and disinfect all the toys and commonly touched areas at the end of each day
– Our educators will clean the floor with disinfectant
Thank you for your cooperation and please let us know if you have any questions.
Sequoia Children’s Learning Community