3 years – 5 years
Over 3 program will promote the following development:
- Problem-solving skills with efficiency and harmony
- Collaborative skills
- Empathy/compassion for one-self and others
- Individual/social responsibility
- Understanding and appreciating differences between individuals
- Emotional regulation
- Positive self-image
** Children will also be encouraged to foster such skills through relationships with their peers and educators. Over 3 program children will be presented with more outdoor learning opportunities and challenges in their learning opportunities to sharpen such skills.
** All children will be allowed to anytime they are hungry and asking for food as longs as there is access to wash hands and sit down to eat safely.
** Over 3 program children will have a nap time following each child’s needs and schedule. SEQUOIA Children’s Learning employees will not forcefully put a child to a nap or wake children up in the middle of their sleep.
Curriculum Planning Process:
Each day all our educators observe children’s play and write how/what the children are exploring. Every Thursdays, the program director sits down with each team to plan how to expand on children’s interest in the following week.
Over 3 Program Daily Routine:
- Gradual arrival and open exploration
- Open morning snacks until 10:30am
- Outdoor exploration/trail/walk (At least 60 mins – 90 mins)
- Sleep, Rest, Quiet Time: around 12pm
- Small group experiences
- Outdoor Exploration (At least 60 mins – 90 mins)
- Pick-up time/ Connecting with families